Here at Ability Physical therapy, we are firm believers on a hands on, manual therapy approach to the art of physical therapy. We all take pride in our continued dedication to learn the latest advances in manual therapy techniques.
Why Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy can help you get back to your goals, faster. Using manual therapy techniques like soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilizations, we can improve blood flow, decrease pain, and improve joint range of motion. At Ability Physical Therapy we offer:
- Joint mobilizations & manipulations
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Dry Needling
- Mobilization with Movement (Mulligan technique)
- Muscle energy techniques
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Manual traction
- Hold-relax & contract-relax
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Slide cupping for myofascial decompression & scar release
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
Not all techniques work the same for every person, just like not all medications have the same effect on your internal chemistry. This is why at Ability Physical Therapy, we perform thorough evaluations and assessments of your range of motion, pain sensitivity, strength, expectations, and past medical history to see which combination of manual therapy techniques work the best for YOU.